Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Bee Mine

So I've been in valentine's mode for about the last three weeks.  Having so much fun creating all these fun 
Valentine's cards to give to the ones I love.


I began with cutting the beehive out with the Create a Critter cartridge.  Unfortunately, the hive had no entrance, so I cut a large oval from the George and basic shapes and just cut that in half to make an entrance.  All were inked about the edges with Colorbox pink ink to give them a bit more definition.  I then cut the bee from Create a Critter 2 cartridge and used a Peach Keen face on her to give her more character.  For the wings, I cut them out in vellum and added stickles for that bit of whimsy.  I just love the way she turned out.  For the additional hearts, I used the new My Creative Time stitched layering hearts dies and just added some glossy accents to the top on.  I also added glossy accents to all the all the pink on the bee as well.  For the sentiment, I cut that from the Create a Critter 2 and used my honeycomb background stamp to help it stand out a little more by using white embossing powder.  All in all, I'm super happy with the way this card turned out.  Hope you are all having a great day!


Materials Used:





Additional Materials Used:
Recollections With Love 6x6 paper pad, Recollections Pink Button cardstock

No comments:

Post a Comment